Katie and Heather from Mommypotamus.com sit down for the first ever SaunaCast. Why the name? They recorded this episode from inside a sauna (in the thirty minutes before they tapped out from the heat!).
In this Episode, they Discus:
- Why they are recording inside a 153 degree sauna in the first place
- What their kids got for Christmas (hint: experiences as gifts)
- A fun way to give experiences with a physical gift
- What they think is the most important skill to teach children in today’s world
- The reason Katie isn’t making any goals or resolutions this year
- The value of experiments over goals for certain personality types
- Why they both have (and love) saunas
- The benefits of Sauna Therapy- See Heather’s post and Katie’s post on this
- 6 tips for starting sauna use
- When fasting is a good thing
This episode of The Healthy Moms Podcast is brought to you by Kettle and Fire Bone Broth. If you love the benefits of bone broth but don’t love the time it takes to make and tough it can be to find quality bones to make it, Kettle and Fire is for you! They have the first grass-fed (and grass-finished) non-perishable bone broth and it is ah-mazing! You can find them in many Whole Foods on the west coast and you can also order online from here.
Their bone broth is a regular staple in my kitchen these days, and it was what I used to create the recipes in my new bone broth ebook (releasing later this year).
This episode is also brought to you by Thrive Market. If you live in a real food desert like I do, it can be difficult to find certain organic foods, speciality foods or allergy-friendly foods. Thrive Market is my solution to this problem. They carry thousands of the non-perishable foods that I use most often at discount prices. I think of them as a combination of Costco, Amazon and Whole Foods. They are online like Amazon, have a yearly membership fee to unlock discounts like Costco and carry high quality foods like Whole Foods.
I order from them regularly and highly recommend them. Check out all of their products and grab a free jar of coconut oil here.